Hi there stampers! It is finally the weekend and unfortunately for us, it is another dreary, rainy day. I just finished my second cup of coffee and considering a third but probably need to resist if I want to sleep tonight. I decided to take the opportunity on this quiet Saturday morning to finish this card I have been working on since yesterday. I am really excited how it turned out!
I used the new Swirly Scribbles Thinlits to create three flowers in different colors. I cut each shape using slightly darker cardstock and then adhered the die cuts onto some cardstock scraps that were a shade lighter of the same color family. I then fussy cut around the die cuts so that the lighter color cardstock became the background to the die cut. I feel like that might not have made any sense but hopefully you get what I’m saying.
I then cut out some leave shapes using the Rose Garden Thinlits and arranged my die cuts on my craft mat to get the arrangement just right. After arranging all the die cuts to exactly how I thought I wanted it on the front of the card, I then picked up the entire group with some Press n’ Seal to keep the arrangement in order until I was ready to glue it onto my card.
I cut a top folding card base from some thick whisper white cardstock and layered a piece of black striped vellum that was cut slightly smaller on the long side onto the card base. This vellum is so awesome but it is from a retired vellum paper stack that was in the Holiday Catalog. But don’t fear, there is a new stamp in the upcoming catalog that is going to solve all of our needs for striped paper!! Hint, hint….ok it’s a diagonal striped background stamp! I’ll be ordering this on June 1st for sure.
Anyway, after adhering the vellum, I cut a piece of pear pizzaz cardstock to be 3 x 5.5 and scored each side using my Simply Scored Scoring Tool to give the edges a little interest. I then adhered this in the middle of the card on top of the vellum. I was now ready to adhere my floral arrangement which is super easy to do since I had it all stuck to the Press n’ Seal. I put Tombow Multi Liquid glue on the back of the yellow flower and the leaves. I adhered this down to the front of the card and peeled the Press n’ Seal off the back. I popped the other two flowers up using some dimensionals.
I die cut the sentiment “happy” from some basic black cardstock using the Hello You Thinlits and then added some Wink of Stella to the entire die cut. This was glued onto the front of the card using some Ranger Multi Matte Medium because it dries clear so I don’t have to worry about any adhesive showing. I then stamped the “birthday” sentiment from Crazy About You onto some basic black cardstock using Versamark and heat embossed this in white. I cut down the sentiment and popped up on the card with dimensionals. I added a few enamel dots as a finishing touch.