Happy Monday stampers! Did you have a nice weekend and survive this heat? We had a wonderful time at the beach and looks like we had slightly cooler temperatures than if we had stayed home.
For today’s card I am using the stamp set Remarkable You which did carry over to the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog and I’m so glad it did because it has some gorgeous bold floral images. I decided to use my Mijello Mission Gold watercolors to color the images and I am super happy how the card turned out.
I started with a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the leaf floral image in versamark covering the entire piece. I then heat embossed the images in white embossing powder from Stampin Up! I also did the same thing with the flower image on a piece of scrap watercolor paper as I knew I would be fussy cutting this image out.
Watercoloring heat embossed images make it super easy to get great results. The raised edges of the embossing keeps the color and water in place allowing for quick and easy coloring without worrying about colors bleeding together. I started with some green inks and colored all the leaf images first. The color was drying quickly on this particular watercolor cardstock so I was able to come and add some darker green color to give the leaf images interest and achieve that more organic watercolor look.
After coloring all the leaves, I mixed up a light grey color that I applied as a wash to the background and around all the leaf images. After the initial wash dried a bit, I add some darker areas as shadows to give the background more interest. I let this completely dry then added ink splatters in green, grey, and pink all over the piece.
I watercolored the flower image using the same greens and some pink inks that I used to make the ink spatters. After this dried, I cut the image out using some paper snips. I cut a square piece of vellum using the new Layering Square Framelits and stamped the sentiment from Cottage Greetings onto the vellum with a mixture of versamark and archival ink. By first inking up the sentiment in versamark and then in archival ink, this gave me a sticky enough result to allow me to heat emboss the sentiment in clear embossing powder.
I cut down the leaf watercolor piece to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 and adhered that to a top folding A2 card base made from smoky slate cardstock using foam adhesive. I then added the cut out flower image to the vellum using some of the same foam adhesive and applied the vellum piece to the card front using some ranger multi matte medium glue. I added a few clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh and that finished the card.
I did video the making of this card and hope to load that onto my YouTube channel today. I am also patiently waiting by the window looking for the UPS man to deliver my goodies from the new Stampin Up catalog! I can’t wait to play with all the new products and will be making a video of my haul I’ll get today along with a giveaway. So keep checking back for that this week.